Saturday, October 24, 2015

Change Visual Studio Cordova CLI from 4.3.0 to 5.3.3

I finally decided to change my VS2015's cordova project CLI from  4.3.0 to 5.3.3, so that I can try to play with windows 10.0 build.  But I didn't expect that Cordova CLI changed so much from 4 to 5, that I met a few issues and have to spend hours to solve them.

1. I've to install Android SDK's google repository in order to get it to build
2. I've to add a build.json as specified in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31791215/visual-studio-2015-cordova-not-signing-apk, so that the release build can be signed.

Also, I've to switch the expired push plugin to phonegap-plugin-push, which I've to change code...

And the funny things about win10 build, the debug build doesn't carry out the push notification.  Only release build can successfully register with azure mobile service!

No comments:

Post a Comment